6/28/2005

Kenny Loggins At Large in Boise, Idaho

Besides getting married last week, I was looking forward to trying to find out where Kenny Loggins would be staying in Idaho for the start of his Sitting In Again tour. I had daydreamed about seeing his tour bus outside our hotel and running into him in the elevator. Okay, I know this wasn't likely to happen, but I had big dreams of him singing away Pooh Corner at my wedding. Well things don't happen the way we dreamed. I didn't live this fantasy, but many people in our wedding party did, including my husband Joe. I retired late on Friday evening to get some sleep before the big day. My sleep was interrupted by my husband to be at about 1:30 am. I ignored his phone call thinking I could still fall asleep and get some rest. He kept calling. Finally, I answered the phone. "Listen to your messages, Kenny Loggins left you a message!" screamed the voice on the other line. Sure enough Joe had run into Kenny at a bar in Boise and convinced him to call me. I have a message from Kenny Loggins on my cell phone! This would be the equivalent of Adam Duritz calling Joe for a little chat. What a wedding gift. Joe's cousin took a photo of Kenny talking to my cell phone, so I have proof. So, I might not have met my favorite musician (besides my husband of course), but my loved ones did. Good enough for my fantasy.

No comments: