7/04/2006

Life With A Puppy




Life with a puppy is very different. I am actually really glad that we have experienced this before we thought about having kids. This is hard work! Not that I thought it would be easy, but I am sleep deprived. I have to get up with Eli at 4 a.m. and at 6 a.m. he is up for good and ready to play. I guess it is helping me not to sleep in. I find myself trying to get alone time at night while he is asleep. I wasn't expecting that.

Eli is a lot of fun. He is so cute. I brought him to our vet and she said that he is checking out in great health. He is already 16 pounds at 9 weeks! He got some shots, but he behaved well. All of the vet techs loved him. We have signed him up for Puppy Kindergarten Boot Camp. It starts next Saturday. We knew that if we were going to get a 80 pound puppy, he would have to be trained. The vet (actually it's Cara one of Joe's good friends from college) gave me some lessons on tough love. I am not allowed to look at him when he whines. After he stops I can pet him or look at him. This is going to be tough. I am a softy.

Grace met Eli the other day. Eli found Shar (their lab) more interesting, but he was really good with Grace. We want to be sure to get him used to small children so that he will be more gentle as he grows up. Grace is growing fast. Her mom reports that she is on the verge of crawling! She is so interested in everything that crawling should be a tough stage for mom and dad.

I hope this finds everyone well. Love ya.

Kat

P.S. I think we can all assume that my luggage is now officially missing forever. I can never fly NWA without something going wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kat! My name is Shari and I work in the office with Joe. I heard that you had a new addition to your family. You must be ssoooo proud! What a cutie! Congrat's! and Grace is getting really big and more beautiful!