12/11/2008

Thoughts Before the Big Visit

We head to the doctor's office in about an hour to see our little one on screen. I am really nervous. I just want everything to be okay. I am such a worrier that this scan has gotten me up early and here I am pondering my thoughts on my blog. It doesn't matter to me if this child is a girl or a boy, I just want a healthy baby. Most people out there think it is a girl. The chinese calendar says it is a boy. My class took a poll yesterday and all the girls think it is a girl and all the boys think it is a boy so no help there. Along with the ultrasound today, I will have a blood test to check for abnormalities such as Down Syndrome and Trisomy 18. I will also have a doctors appointment that is long overdue. Since my last appointment I have thrown up a lot and then once every two weeks, I had a child in my classroom with the Coxsacki Virus, I have blacked out, I had pink eye in both eyes, I have had a giant cold sore take over my nose and lip, and I have a mysterious rash on my tummy. It sounds awful (sometimes it is) but it is all worth it. I guess they really weren't kidding when they told me my immune system is not what is normally is during pregnancy. I am going to be relieved after this visit is over and hopefully really excited.

No comments: