12/27/2005

Merry Christmas!















Joe and I celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple this year. It was a Christmas of firsts, our first Christmas Tree, our first medical obstacle, my first Christmas without my immediate family, and many new traditions. I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband who has pampered me all month. In honor of his dedication, I gave Joe a Mr. Beer home brewering kit that I heard he had in college. Watch out book club, he might have you taste test it!

We Celebrated Christmas with my family when they were in town a few weeks ago. So this year, we went down to Cincinnati to be with Joe's paternal grandparents and family. It was a great time. His grandparents are hilarious, they could have their own television show (this often wasn't good for me, for it hurts me to laugh). We also celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve with the Hodsons in Noblesville. We are still absent one niece or nephew, but we celebrated the fact that next year the family with have some new members!

I am healing rapidly. It looks as though I will be able to return to work a week earlier than I had previously thought. It still hurts to sneeze, laugh, and cough. The bruising is not as bad as it was a week ago, but it is still ugly. I hope to start wearing jeans soon, as I have been living in pajama bottoms for weeks. I am so thankful to have this behind us. I am looking forward to being tumor free in 2006!

Love always,

Kat

No comments: