11/11/2006

Bad Blogger

Okay,

I know...I am a bad blogger. Some of you might have thought that my kids have finally gotten the better of me. And in a way they have. I no longer have time to do the little things in life that I was used to before student teaching. For instance, I haven't been paying my bills on time. I haven't been cleaning the house. I haven't gone on a date night with my husband. MaryKay... forget about it. Student teaching sucks the life and energy right out of you! I have been working 60+ hours a week on my lessons, and everything else needed to teach kindergarten. What do I have to show for it? The flu, a cold, and a bond with some of the most wonderful little 5 and 6 year olds in the world. I LOVE IT!!!! Sure I don't have time right now, but I am so thankful that I love what I am doing. I have never been more happy in my work in my entire life. I am also very thankful that I have a husband who understands why I put in the hours that I put in. Thank you Joe!

Joe and Eli are doing great! We are looking forward to the holiday season...Thanksgiving in Noblesville, and Christmas in Idaho! We both took the time out of our schedules to vote on Tuesday, and we are pretty excited about the results! Joe had the day off yesterday to observe Veterans day. I would like to thank my grandfathers for both serving in the military and providing a life for their grandchildren that is much better than it would have been. Thank you!

The Hodson women took a trip to Chicago two weeks ago. We were fortunate enough to see a performance of the musical Wicked. If you ever have the opprotunity to see this musical I would highly recommend it. It is nothing like the book, but it is spectacular. We had a great time, and I will post some pictures from the weekend.

I am working on quilting with the kids this week. Wish me luck!

Kat

No comments: