9/23/2005

Surgery Update

I talked to my doctor today about doing the surgery. She said that she believed that we are making the right decision. We talked and decided to have the surgery on December 13th or the 20th depending on her schedule. One major concern that she has is that she got my blood work back, and my hemoglobin is really low (the anemia). She said that it’s a good thing that I have to wait until this semester is over, because we would have to wait the three months anyway before she could get my blood level the way it needs to be for surgery. With that said, I am going to be getting an injection soon that will stop me from having periods until after the surgery. She thinks that this will help get me where I need to be. The injection is called Lupron. Lupron works by decreasing the amount of estrogen that your ovaries produce. As a result of lower estrogen levels, during Lupon Depot therapy you may experience symptoms such as hot-flashes and headaches. Basically, they are putting my body in a menopausal state for three months. Sounds interesting. I hope Joe can put up with me for the next few months.

We are starting our kitchen remodel in two weeks. I am very excited. Thank you to all who made this possible for us! We received many Lowes gift certificates for the wedding and we saved up the wedding money in order to do this. We can’t thank you enough! I am so excited to get rid of that stupid old stove thing that is taking up too much counter space. I am also excited to remove that vinyl floor! I will post some before and after pictures when we start this project. It should be interesting. There is a big show tonight with Riely at Locals Only if you can go. It will be a great time! Well that is the latest from the Hodson household. Keep sending us good thoughts!

1 comment:

Nadine said...

That's so exciting about your new kitchen...I can't wait to see the before and after pictures!