8/24/2006

The beginning of the End.



Graduation Day!
I have begun my last semester in college! The first day of school was very interesting. I have never been such an advocate for preschool or daycare in my life. I had a couple of interesting events happen on the first day of kindergarten. One of which had me chasing a couple of boys who were screaming at the top of their lungs down the hallway as they were trying to escape. It was interesting to say the least. After the tears were wiped away, the first week was a lot of fun. It is so different from my semester with the fourth graders. In kindergarten, we get to sing a lot of songs and dance around the room. We get to participate in dramatic play, (ie. The pretend kitchen and nursery) the art center, and our own little library where we get to read to green bear! Very exciting. I am actually looking forward to getting back to those little guys after our classes are over.

Eli is growing up. Literally growing. He grew 11 pounds in three weeks. He is now four months old and 36 pounds. He is healthy, and is now has all of his shots. We are awaiting his neutering in October. He graduated from puppy class, and novice class starts on the 30th. Joe and I are very proud. We are really excited to announce that he is finally housebroken! Looking back, it really didn't take that long, but it seemed like it when we were cleaning up after him several times a day.

We are going up to SouthBend over labor day weekend to celebrate the wedding of Joe's cousin MaryPat. We are really excited to welcome McDowell into the family. After that weekend, we dont plan on leaving until after I am done with school. (Except for a Hodson Girls weekend in October)

I hope this finds you all well and happy!

Love,
Kat

No comments: