5/08/2009

Two Weeks

It has now been two weeks since Jonah was born. He is doing so well. He had his two week well visit to the doctor this week and it turns out he does have an eye infection so he is on antibiotics. In the last day his appetite has increased dramatically. He is eating all the time. I am hoping that this is just a phase he is going through because it is hard to provide that much milk for him. It helps that the freezer is stockpiled with pumped milk Just in case. Eli is doing great with him. We had one scare with the dog, but he seems to love Jonah (or at least tolerate him). We will see how Eli does when my parents are back in town tomorrow (Eli doesn't like strangers in his house). Joe has to go back to work on Monday. I am really going to miss all the time we were able to spend together as a family. Joe is a wonderful dad. He took care of Jonah last night for both feedings and I was able to sleep through the night! What a great gift to give a sleep deprived new mom. I am glad that my parents will be around for the next week as I get adjusted to our new schedule. This is hard work, but with the best payoff ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the most gorgeous nephew in the world!
Love you guys! -M