10/01/2005

Winter Clothes

Hey friends and family. I am organizing a clothing drive within the department. As the nights have quickly become colder, I have had a lot of my homeless guys display frustration with their inability to get adequate clothes for the weather. I just had a guy come in to my office wearing a T-shirt. He had slept outside all night. My car had frost on it this morning. This is the time of year that those of us that are more fortunate are getting out our winter clothes and deciding that we need a new coat, sweater, etc. I know a lot of people that could use our old stuff... If you have any winter clothes that you will not be using anymore, please set them aside and I will can pick them up sometime soon. I can promise they will be going to someone who REALLY needs them. Items needed:
Jackets
Coats
Sweaters
Gloves (we can never have too many of these!)
Hats
Boots
Earmuffs
Anything else that can keep you warm on the streets.
**I do not work with children, nor do many of my "clients" have any children, so I do not really have use for any childrens clothes. You may still give these to me and I can give them to the Horizon House, who I trust will get them to someone who really needs them.**Thanks much.
joe.

No comments: