2/13/2006

The Hodsons Like Never Before!

I can't believe that the time is nearing for Grace's homecoming. The Hodsons spent Sunday evening together to celebrate Amy's 22nd birthday. This would be the last time that our family would be without Grace. I posted a picture of all of us. I can't waite to post a new Hodson family picture. I wanted to write to thank everyone who donated items to the orphanage. Andy and Emily filled six large duffel bags full of supplies that are going to be well appreciated in Ethiopia. They received so much, that I think they will still have to send some to the adoption agency here in the United States because they can't carry it all. I am so proud to have such wonderful family and friends who go above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you.

I also have great news. I have been honored to be able to take care of Grace for six weeks after Emily's maternity leave ends. It just happens to end the same week I am finished student teaching. So, I get to have a crash course in baby care needs and watch Grace until Andy and Emily's summer vacation starts. I am really excited. I feel so lucky to be given this chance to be with my niece.

Joe and I are doing well. This week is Hell week for me with school, as it is the last week of school until I start student teaching. I have four major assignments due this week, and in true Kathy form, I have procrastinated on them until today. Needless to say, I should stop typing and start working on my homework.

Love,

Kat

No comments: