2/20/2006

Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing....

And so it begins.....Finally I start student teaching. Tomorrow is my first official day as a student teacher. So far I have been going to my classroom on Fridays, but now I start to take over some responsibilities. My first task is to organize a reading group. I chose I book called "Whipping Boy," by Sid Fleischman. I am really excited about it. Joe and I went out to Old Navy and bought my first "first day at school" outfit. I had a lot of fun.

Andy and Emily are still in Africa. I went over to wish them a safe trip last Wednesday. They were really excited (of course) and a little nervous about everything (who wouldn't). They met Grace on Saturday, and have this whole week to bond with her. They are also meeting her extended family on Wednesday. They will be flying into Chicago on Monday evening. Joe and I and grandparents Hodson are going to drive up to the airport to greet them as they get off the plane. What a week this is going to be. I can't believe this time is actually here.

Joe is doing wonderful. He had a break from playing out this weekend. He seemed to enjoy himself. His band is looking for a new lead singer if anyone is interested. I am sure he would love to talk to you about it.

Well, I am off to a MaryKay meeting, then hopefully to sleep so I can be ready for the fourth grade tomorrow.

Kat

No comments: