2/15/2017

February 1, 2013

Dear Jonah, While it is your daddy who is blessed with the ability to write, I have decided that I am going to write you a letter once a month letting you know what is happening in our life. It is my hope that someday you will appreciate having these letters as you read them to your kids. I always want you to know how much your mommy and daddy love you.
Baby JonahI loved you even before you were conceived. You see, ever since I was young, I wanted to be a mommy. I couldn't picture my life without kids in it. I would dream about being a mom. While parenthood is a lot different than I thought it would be, being a Mom is even better than I had imagined.
momandTJ
Last year you became a big brother. I know sometimes being a big brother can be a rough gig, but you have stepped up to the plate. Your baby sister loves you! She lights up like a firework every time you walk into the room. I hope your relationship with grow and you will be close when you are older. Daddy is your best buddy. You two love to laugh and pretend together. Right now at night you are a dragon and you love to fly in daddy's arms as you "breathe" fire on Caroline and I. I love it, your dogie Eli hates it and will run away if the dragon gets too close. You think it is hilarious!
Two Monkeys
I can not believe how much you have grown since Christmas. Yes, I said Christmas. In one short month you have matured and became a Big Boy! I am so happy that the potty training is starting to sink in and we are I am having less tantrums about accidents. Even your teachers at school have noticed how much you have grown up! I am having a hard time with you getting older. Sometimes I just want you to be a baby again so we can rock in our rocking chair and sing "Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins. That is how I got you to fall asleep when you were a baby.
Little Man
I will be writing again next month with more details about what our life is like at this moment. I know you are probably to young to remember what your life was like at almost 4 years old, but I hope I can help you understand what an amazing little boy you are.
I am so unbelievable proud to be your mommy. I love you, Mommy I am participating with several other bloggers in composing letters to our sons. Please visit Life With Lisa for another beautiful letter!

No comments: