3/04/2017

Our Christmas December 27, 2010


We had a wonderful Christmas this year. It all started with TJ and I flying to Idaho to be with my family the week before Christmas. We hadn't visited Santa yet, so we took a trip to the mall and got our picture taken.

After a few last minute gift purchases we headed back to my parents house. My parents generously moved our family gift giving to the Tuesday before Christmas so that TJ and I could be a part of the festivities. We then watched the Las Vegas Bowl and cheered on the Boise State Broncos to a victory. TJ and I made it home safely with a few hiccups along the way. We made it just in time to celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve with my husband's family. We had a beautiful dinner followed by presents, dessert and the reading of A Night Before Christmas with all the grand kids and Pop Pop. As you can see, the kiddos were not as engaged as the adults were.

We spent Christmas day as a small family unit. I baked my Christmas Casserole (ham, cheese, egg dish) for breakfast. TJ opened his gifts (his favorite was the pack of 3 balls, soccer, basketball and a football). My husband and I opened our gifts, and then we spent the rest of the day in our pajamas just hanging out. I fixed my very first turkey and we had a nice Christmas dinner.

This was the first year that I didn't spend Christmas Day with my parents and siblings. Sometimes it is hard to grow up, but I now have a family of my own. It was priceless to see TJ rushing toward the Christmas tree to see all the presents that Santa left him. His reaction almost made me forget that I wasn't at my childhood home anymore. I am now making memories and traditions that he will remember when he spends his first Christmas with his children. I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season. There is a lot in store for my family, myself and my blog in the upcoming year. I can't wait to share it all with you. Thank you for being apart of my 2010.

No comments: