3/04/2017

Remembering 2010 January 1, 2011


I have exactly a half of an hour to write this post to say farewell to 2010. 2010 was a year that I will remember for a long time. The year started out wonderful. My brother and sister in law just got back from Africa with their newly adopted son. He is just 9 months older than TJ and I know that they will be the best of friends. We had the best holiday celebrations with TJ enjoying eating the bows and being with both sides of the family. February was hard as we saw our Indianapolis Colts lose the Superbowl, but we are still so proud of what they have done. In April, TJ turned 1 year old. I think I had been planing my child's first birthday since I was about 18 years old. Finally at the age of 32 I was able to throw my child a birthday party. I wanted a monkey theme and went all out. TJ got his little red wagon that I had also dreamed about giving my child one day. A lot of dreams came true. In June I was invited to my first blogging trip to St. Louis to the Build A Bear Bearquarters. I learned a lot about this wonderful company and met a lot of fellow bloggers. I had a wonderful time, but it was also the first time I had been away from my son for more than one night and I really missed him. July was a lot of fun. It started with a trip to Idaho to be with my family over the Fourth of July holiday. We had such a good time and TJ enjoyed spending time with his family. We also had our very first emergency room visit on July 4th because TJ's fever wouldn't break and it was dangerously high (being a first-time mom, I totally freaked out). He was fine and ended up with a $250 stuffed teddy bear. At the end of July we traveled with my husband's family to Michigan. We were fortunate enough to test-drive the Buick Enclave for the trip and totally fell in love. This is the next car that we will own! Michigan was a lot of fun hanging out at the beach and watching TJ play with his cousins and extended family. School started in August, and I immediately fell in love with my new class. They are so adorable and eager to learn. It makes my job a lot easier when I have 25 smiling faces that hug me hello every morning. TJ started a new daycare/preschool program that we just love! It is amazing what they do with the 1 year olds. TJ does an art project almost every day! They love my little man and I thank them so much for taking such good care of him. In September, I turned 33. For some reason it didn't bother me this year to turn another year older. I am so fortunate in life that I can't help but just feel thankful for all my years. September is also the beginning of NFL football, a major event in our family. We brushed off the Colts jerseys and started routing for our home team! TJ went Trick or Treating this year for the very first time in October. I was so proud of him for wearing his Yoda costume. He looked adorable. One of my very good friends also gave birth to her first child, a boy! We are so happy for her and her family. TJ will teach him the ropes here very soon. November brought a lot of tears and sadness with the loss of my grandad. I am crying right now as I am typing this. I miss him so very much. My grandmother's strength is absolutely amazing. I hope that I have 10% of the strength that she has. We flew to Idaho to be with my family. December brought a third trip to Idaho for TJ and I. We already had this booked before we had our unexpected trip in November. I got to say that my little guy is a very good traveler. You can read all about our fun flight here. I will leave it at that. My husband turned 34 on December 8th, I think it affected him more than me to turn a year older. Our holiday celebrations with all of our families were a lot of fun. I was very excited to be home to watch the Boise State Broncos win the Las Vegas bowl. Lastly, December brought an end to a very large debt that had been hoovering above our head for 4 1/2 years. I cannot tell you the stress that has been lifted for 2011. We made some bad financial decisions in our twenties and it took a long time to pay them off, but now we are looking forward to fixing the house up and saving for a deposit on our dream home. 2011 is going to be a wonderful year for us. As 2010 comes to a close, I can't help but to think about all the life changes that have happened to me in the past decade. This has by far been the most life-changing 10 years I have had. Here is a recap: 2000: Moved to Indianapolis from Idaho 2001: Met my husband, moved in together. 2002: Not much happened... boring year 2003: Again a kind of boring year 2004: We were engaged in November, bought our house in December 2005: Married in June 2006: Graduated Collage (finally), adopted our dog Eli 2007: My husband went through the academy, I got my first teaching job 2008: We got pregnant in August 2009: My son was born on April 24 at 12:01 PM. I started A Mom's Impression in November. 2010: Well, you just read the recap. I can't wait to tell you more about our plans for 2011, but that is another post and I am about out of time. Happy New Year, may 2011 find you all in good health and full of love, peace and joy!

No comments: