3/03/2017

Snowpocalypse 2011 Feb 6, 2011


Indiana was hit pretty hard by the snow and ice that has made the Snowpocalypse of 2011 legendary. It began with an ice storm that left 4-6 inches of ice on our city followed by 5-6 inches of snow with another 1-2 inches tonight. I haven't been at school since last Monday, and there is talk of school being cancelled tomorrow again because they can not clear the ice off of the side streets and sidewalks. I went into my school last Thursday and the parking lot was an ice rink, and the sidewalks were non-existent. It really isn't safe for kids to wait for the school bus in this weather. So, TJ and I have been cooped up in the house all week long. The city shut down on Wednesday so my husband got to stay home with us that day. So what do you do to fight the boredom?

We played with puzzles...

We drank a lot of coffee to keep warm...

We emailed and played on the computer...

daddy and TJ shoveled the snow...

TJ helped out a lot...

we also played with the puppy. We love to throw snow on him!

While I can't say that I loved the Snowpocalypse of 2011, I can say that we made some memories and had some extra unexpected family time, and that is always fun!

How did you cope with the Snowpocalypse?

No comments: